Friday, March 4, 2011

30 weeks, 1 day: Sleepless in Brisbane

Yippeee! I am very close to the finishing line, so to speak and haven't had a good night's sleep for the last 2 weeks. Must be mother nature's way of preparing me for motherhood.

It's been wonderous feeling the active movements of both children coupled with Braxton's Hicks - however, the hot and humid Autumn weather in Brisbane has been awful for all of us especially those of us who are pregnant. I am often breathless due to this and it is not a nice feeling.

I started putting together my toiletrie bag today which will go into the hospital bag - hopefully, I will get it all packed and ready by this weekend, just in case. I do not like not being prepared.

What I will have in my hospital bag
  • Toiletrie Bag containing travel sized items such as shampoo, conditioner, facial wash, toner, moisturiser, toothpaste, toothbrush and comb
  • Comfy button front pyjamas (easier for breast feeding)
  • Heaps of comfy underwear
  • Heaps of maternity pads
  • Heaps of breast pads
  • Bedroom sleepers
  • Comfy shoes for coming home
  • Outfit for coming home
  • Pens that work because there will be heaps of forms to fill in
  • A note pad so that I can record whatever that needs to be recordered
  • Two jumpsuits for the babies when they come home with us
  • Two pairs of hand mittens when they come home with us
  • 2 blankets when they come home with us
  • 2 swaddle blankets when they come home with us
Next Monday is my routine fortnightly appointment with the Obstetrician and prayfully, it will be yet another uneventful appointment where he tells us that all is well and that the physical discomforts I have been enduring are all part of the package we call 'Pregnancy'.

No comments: