Thursday, February 3, 2011

26 Weeks (First Day of CNY): When will my baby rabbits be born?

Today is a special day for us chinese because it's the first day of the Lunar Chinese New Year. Even though we don't celebrate it here in Brisbane like we would back in Singapore, this particular day holds much special meaning to us. It's the 26th week of gestation for both our babies.

I met with the Obstetrician earlier in the week and he used a doppler to check their heart-rate (which was music to my ears), it was during that visit that he told me that they have turned around (yet again). The so-called fist movements that I have been experiencing via my daughter is in fact, her head! My son's heart rate has also increased which signals increased activity. Oh, I love them both so much.

With each passing day, I am feeling the physical strain of pregnancy - the breathelessness, constipation (yes it does not seem to want to leave), crankiness (must be the heat + breathelessness), low energy level (there are two babies in me afterall), heart working harder (with +30% blood volume), etc. I am able to sleep without difficulty each night however sleep has become interrupted as I move to work out more comfortable positions to accomodate all three of us (excluding the husband and the cat).

Each passing day also signals the end of work for me. There's only 7 more working days before I go on maternity leave and it is with mixed feelings, naturally, since I have been here for 8 years!

As one chapter closes (for now - with work), another one is about to open with parenthood. I wonder if I will meet my babies in 10 weeks or 12 weeks time.

Will they have a full head of black hair, blonde hair or red hair?
Will they fart like their father (loud and proud)?
Will they have loud voices (like me)?
Will they look into my eyes with love and admiration (I will be)?
Will they know my voice and be comforted by it?

There are a few things I know for sure:
  • I will do whatever it takes to keep them incubating in me for as long as possible so long as it is for their best well-being
  • I love them with my entire being and will do everything and anything possible for them
  • I am head over heels in love with them and their father who has been my pillar of strength, inspiration, support...

No comments: