Thursday, February 10, 2011

27 Weeks and Panting...

Today marks the 27th week of gestation with our twins and it is becoming more of a physical struggle with each passing week (no surprises there!).

In fact, one such exhaustive episode took place yesterday (yes, the eve of the 27th week) on the morning train into the office. I was sitting on the train and had just passed the South Brisbane station when an unfamiliar discomfort took over - my hearing dimished, feeling physically unwell, breaking out in cold sweat, etc. I knew then and there that I was going to experience another fainting episode just like the one two weeks ago while lying in bed watching the Australian Open. I was so ill and uncomfortable that I was almost incline to press the red emergency button on the train which will result in delays on my train line as the train will have to stop, telling the male communter sitting across from me and witnessing the horror on his face, etc. I chose to do neither and instead breathed in and out, got up steadily on my feet when my train disembarked at Central Station where I walked up the hill very slowly to fill my lungs with 'fresh' air. To cut the long story short, I rang the boss who ran down the hill to meet and walk with me up to the office, rang the husband who picked me up an hour later and I spent the next 4 hours sleeping in bed and another 2 hours just lazing in bed because I was still not feeling up to it.

Tomorrow is my last day at work for the next 13 months and it is with mixed emotions that I leave work for now, I am also relief that I am able to do so because I really need the rest and 'operate' at a much slower pace.

2 comments:

starpepper said...

Good that you are about to take some time out before these bubbas come. Your body is obviously telling you that and your doctor has picked just the right time for you to stop work. You will miss it, I am sure, but soon life will be even more full and a lovely new chapter begins :)
Bron

Magdalene said...

You summed it up perfectly, Bron. I will be resting up BIG TIME and am looking forward to the new chapter in my life.

We are both incredibly blessed, to state the least.