Wednesday, January 5, 2011

21 weeks, 6 days

Today is my last day of week 21 and so far it has been brilliant. I have felt pokes from both children and my daughter is certainly the more active child as oppose to my son who is quite content just laying still and conserving his energy. This was confirmed by the Obstetrician yesterday when I saw him for the routine monthly check up.

It never ceases to amaze me that I am nurturing two little beings in me and they are thriving! I feel so bless to be part of this journey and what a priviledge to be their mummy too!

My tummy is a tight little package and my weight gain has only been 2kg so far. When I voiced my concern to the Obstetrician, he teased me and said,

"How much bigger do you want to be? You are only 5 ft 1 inch.
Look at Crown Princess Mary of Denmark (who is due to give birth to twins this week), she's tall and her tummy is about your size!"

Okay, he's right, as usual. I shall stop worrying and continue to enjoy this pregnancy knowing that both my children are growing on track and that I am a healthy mummy to be.

No comments: