Thursday, October 28, 2010

Another Milestone: 12 weeks!

Today officially marks my 12th week of pregnancy. I am deeply grateful for this and am feeling incredibly at peace. Perhaps this is what being surrendered means, afterall.

At this milestone, it is important for me to reflect on the dates that have led to this and also the dates for the future:

Thursday 19th August 2010 (9 days after our 7th Wedding Anniversary)
I was in hospital for a procedure call 'Egg Pick Up'

Friday 20th August 2010
Embryologist informed us that all follicles had fertilised (without any intervention required)

Tuesday 24th August 2010
  • Under the advisement of our gynaecologist, we took the risk and left the fertilised embryos in the dish for the maximum time of 5 days.
  • The outcome was 2 survived (out of 4 which were harvested) and have become blastocysts! Rated 4AA - the very best rating! They are absolutely perfect. Both embryologist and gynaecologist were impress with their quality. This is the best we've ever achieved.
  • We told the embryologist to put both back in to increase our chances.
Thursday 25th August 2010
Implantation started

Monday 30th August 2010
Implantation completed

Friday 3rd September 2010 (Jared's Birthday)
First beta. Basically if I peed on a stick, I would have known of the positive outcome.

Monday 6th September 2010
Pregnancy confirmed via blood test. HcG was 1732! Had a hunch then that I may be carrying twins

Thursday 28th October 2010
12 weeks pregnant!

From Wednesday 20th April  2011 (My Birthday) onwards
The twins will be born!

I continue each day with prayer that with God's grace that they will continue to grow so that we may meet them next year and experience parenthood.

The other night, Jared and I were having a conversation about this and he verbalised for the very first time that "We will never take them for granted, ever." A conviction that I have been holding dear to my heart since I knew of their conception. How very apt.

This is one of many reasons why I love him so much and for sharing the same values as I do. We are very grateful.

No comments: