Monday, January 17, 2011

23 weeks, 4 days

Due to the unprecedented floods in Queensland last week, we were unable to go to the office from Wednesday to Friday. Coincidentally, IKEA sent us notification that the wardrobe organisers have arrived! Yipppeee...why not be productive since we are home-bound?

A fortnight earlier, we had purchased a white change table from the same place and have yet put it up. Armed with our newly acquired wardrobe organisers, we got down on our hands and knees (more so Jared) while I supervised (!!!) to assemble the flat packs.

Once they were assembled, I did what I do best - organisation! I have placed all the baby clothes that we have acquired from friends into their separate catergories (everyday, going out, winter, pjs, etc) - one 6 basket organiser for the boy and another one 6 basket organiser for the girl.

The next day, I spent a few hours at Carindale Shopping Centre checking out baby clothes and bought a few pieces for our daughter because the clothes we have been given so far are for boys. I was mindful not to go over-the-top because we know how fast they grow and we will also be receiving heaps more as times goes by.

We are well-please with what we have achieved thus far. Bit by bit, the nursery will stop resembling that of a bits-and-pieces room and one that will be comfortable and cosy for our children.

Last night while laying in bed with a book, our daughter did a most peculiar thing. She did a full on somersault because I could feel a hard limb against the upper abdomen! It's wonderful! Her first full on movement!

I love feeling the pokes from both my children and look forward to many more.

No comments: