Monday, December 13, 2010

Another Wet Weekend in Brisbane

It was yet another wet weekend in Brisbane so what does two parents-to-be do? Essentials Browsing for the Twins! (yet again)...

This weekend, we checked out more strollers and are impressed with the 'Baby Jogger' brand specifically its range in City Mini and City Select because:

  • They are lightweight (in the twin category) - even I can lift them!
  • They collapse flat in one swift motion - even I can do that!
  • They assemble in one swift motion - even I can do that!
  • They are rather stylish looking - we must look good too!
Then we checked out more cots and change tables, etc. My-oh-my, there are so many choices!

We have not bought anything as yet and will wait till January next year. I have a list of the essentials, here goes:

  • 2 Cots plus 4 sets of bedding (2 sets for each) including flat sheets, cotton blanklets, woollen blankets
  • 2 baby capsules for traveling in the car (to be rented from the Queensland Ambulance). This is suitable from newborns - 6 months of age
  • 4 swaddle blankets (2 for each of them) to keep them nicely wrapped up
  • 4 bath towels plus 4 face towels plus toiletries
  • 1 bath support to be placed in large laundry tub for bath times
  • 24 newborn clothes - combination of jumpsuits, tops, bottoms, mittens, socks, hats, singlets, etc
  • I change table stocked with 150 diapers (weekly), 2 bottles of wet ones, 2 bottles of lotion, 2 bottles of baby powder
  • 4 plastic milk bottles for water
  • 12 Cotton clothes for drapping over shoulders while burping
  • 1 twin stroller
  • 1 nappy bag for going out

Am I missing anything else?! My brain is losing it....

No comments: