Friday, December 10, 2010

18 Weeks 1 Day

Ahhhh...yes, I am going to gush about my babies and this pregnancy. I love them so much and they have been such a wonderful source of comfort, assurance, gratefulness and blessedness.

We are in the midst of working out what names to give them and who would have thought it would be this difficult or even contentious?! At the rate we are going, I wouldn't be surprise if they remain unnamed until we see their faces and check out their personalities!

The belly has continued to grow - some people tell me that I look small for my gestational age whereelse, I think I resemble a big watermelon! Oh well, so long as the doctors tell me that their growth are on track with their gestational age - I shall learn not to take comments about the lack of my size affect me any other way except in happiness and gratefulness that they are the right size!

We have also started checking out baby 'stuff' and there are so many on the market! I quite literally get a headache just thinking about it! LOL...one thing I know for certain is the importance of a safe cot with good quality mattress that is inline with the Australian Standards and car safety seats with the same safety accreditation. Other than that, everything else like clothes, toys, etc - I do not intend on spending too much money on because they grow out too quickly and seriously, babies couldn't care less what they wear!

Yes, I am quite a practical kind of a mum. I suppose having had to wait for 5 years has wisen me up! It's not the material posessions that make a family - it's the time, patience and love that makes a family, a true family.

We are so grateful to be gifted this opportunity.

No comments: