Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Morning Sickness?! Food Aversions?! Constipation?!

One of the most common symptoms associated with being pregnant is morning sickness. Whoever came up with this term evidently has no clue about day or night because this so-called morning sickness lasts all day! To be precise, from the moment I wake up till I fall asleep from sheer exhaustion from battling with it.

As much as it is rather uncomfortable and annoying, I am grateful for this symptom because it assures me all that is well with the twins and I am merely experiencing the nagging nausea feeling and not spending time in the loo (which I can only imagine to be rather unpleasant).

The other first trimester symptom is Food Aversions. You know how women rave about having cravings? Well, mine is the reverse. No cravings whatsoever. In fact, I hate food. Those who know me, know that I live to eat and not eat to live. For now, I am certainly only eating to live. The list of food aversions continue to mount and some of them include:
  • Meat of all sorts such as lamb, beef, chicken, seafood, pork
  • Vegetables of most varieties such as broccoli, onions 
  • Dairy such as cheese, milk, yoghurt and ice-cream (!!!)
  • Dried crackers which are meant to be good for curbing nausea
  • Anything too sour and too sweet
Yes I have been surviving on bland food that does not make me gag. Let's hope I will regain my appetite for good, delicious food soon.

The last and certainly not the least is Constipation. Why didn't anyone tell me how BAD it really gets?! It's absolutely over-the-top. Despite my best intentions in consuming 3 litres of water, drinking special drinks to induce digestion, etc...it has not blardy worked! In fact, I have been late for the train on a few mornings because I am literally STUCK on the loo. Sorry for the graphic description.

In fact, I don't even go daily because I have no time and energy to wait for it to unkink itself. I have to psych myself every three days! hahahahaha...my-oh-my!

Despite them, I will still put up with it because I love my twins!

No comments: