Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Recipe: Leek-Cauliflower-Potato Soup

After being away from home for five days and meeting with (close to) 400 people, you would be forgiven for thinking that I should be putting my feet up, cloistering myself at home and catching up on much deprived sleep! Well, that would be sensible. Since I am not that sensible, it would come as no surprise to the few of you who follow this blog that I found myself in the supermarket for my 'usual' weekly grocery shopping.

I shall not bore you with what I bought at the supermarket and instead focus on one of the positive outcomes from that visit.

Here's a soup that's so simple - even you can make it with one hand and one eye (no offence intended).


Leek-Potato-Cauliflower Soup serves 6

Ingredients

1 leek, sliced
1 cauliflower, cut into florets and retain the stems
3 big potatoes, peeled and chopped
3 cloves of garlic, whole
3 tbsps Chicken stock powder
300g low fat cream
Cold water, from the tap
Pepper to taste



  1. In a deep stock pot, add all the ingredients at once (except the cream). Add water till it covers 3/4 of the vegetables. Cook on high and let it boil for at least 15 minutes. Simmer for an hour. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream

  2. Using a hand held blender or food processor, blitz the soup until you are please with the consistency be it creamy or chunky. Serve hot with crusty bread or on its own
Bon Apetito!

No comments: