Tuesday, June 29, 2010

3 more days ...

... and no corporate commitments for the next 19 days!

Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy what I do, the team that surrounds me is brilliant and the company that has kept me in full time employment for the last 7.5 years is wonderful. Overall, I am a very bless and lucky woman.

Like many, I enjoy the chance to break the daily grind when opportunities presents itself.  That may come in the form of a long weekend, annual holiday, weekend getaway, etc.

I fully intend to leave work behind on Thursday 1st July at 4:00pm including my iPhone (supplied and paid for by the company) and not look back. Yes, I am one of those lucky ones who does not bring 'corporate baggage' home after work or during a holiday. I have the ability to switch off the moment I step out and may I add, that comes with years of experience and the knowledge that the team back in the office is more than capable to hold the fort. Afterall, we are all dispensible.

There is still a fair bit to do on the domestic front and once again, I am grateful for the diligence of my husband who is very hands-on. He has mopped the entire house, cleaned all the bathrooms and toilets, set up automatic light timers for the various lamps around the home, bought another bag of cat food, set up three kitty litter trays, etc and has the washing machine working every 2 days - towels, bedsheets, etc. He's a miracle worker.

We are also eating out the fridge so there will not be any perishable products such as fresh fruit and vegetables when we leave on Friday morning. In the freezer, I have frozen 4 serves of '3 meat bolognaise drowned in Pinot Noir' for when we return home.

The cat will be looked after by the 11 year old next door. She did a great job last time and along with her mum, they have both agreed to feed the cat and clear the poops every second day. We are very bless and lucky to have neighbours who are willing to do that for us.

3 more days....come quickly please!!!

No comments: