Monday, May 10, 2010

Quiche of Spinach, Ricotta, Cheddar and Feta

One of my favourite past-times is to check out various food blogs to inspire me prior to the weekly visit to the supermarket. One of my favourite all-in-one meal is Quiche and I have never attempted making one, ever.

So here's my first attempt and I have to say that it's uber easy, yummy and great for the weekend!


Quiche of Spinach, Ricotta, Cheddar and Feta serves 6


Ingredients

1 + 1/4 sheet puff pastry, thawed at room temperature for 15 mins
250g spinach
250g ricotta
250g cream
150g cheddar
150g feta
4 eggs
Salt and pepper to taste


1. In a pie dish, spray generously with canola oil. Press puff pastry firmly on the base and the sides of the dish. Prick the base with fork. Blind bake for 15 minutes at 180C

2. In a deeep stainelss steel bowl, add all the ingredients. Mix well with spatula or fingers. Combine very well

3. Allow cooked pastry to rest on kitchen benchtop for 15 minutes. Add the mixture into the pie and fill only up to 3/4 full. Bake in oven for 40 minutes

4. Slice and served with side of salad. Bon Apetito!

Tip
Left-overs may be re-heated in the microwave the next day.


No comments: