Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Love Affair with Handbags

My name is Magdalene and I am a Bag-a-holic.

This addiction started during my teenage years under the influence of my mum. She loves handbags and can always be found checking them in all sorts of places from retail to 'pasar malam' (outdoor night markets). However her taste and mine are very different and she used to buy me handbags because she loves me. Her display of affection was so frequent that I have two plastic containers full of handbags that I have never used and will never use! They were donated to charity last year because it was taking up too much valuable space in my linen cupboard.

During my 'spare' moments, I love checking out various handbag related blogs as it thoroughly takes my mind off reality, nourishes my soul and keeps me sane.

My taste in designer handbags begun in 2008 in the city of Bangkok. I went into the Gucci boutique and fell in love with a small bag. The euphoria of exploration and eventual purchase with me walking out with my very first designer bag nestled in its own dust bag, box and huge Gucci shopping bag is an experience that I will forever remember. It was S-A-T-I-S-F-Y-I-N-G, to state the least. I have acquired a few more Guccis since then.

My relationship with Louis Vuitton came about in 2008 (yes that was a particularly fantastic year) while taking a day off from Snow Skiing in Queenstown New Zealand. A Louis Vuitton boutique had recently opened and naturally, I walked in looking like the Masmallow Man with all my winter gear on and fell in love - head over heels with the Galleria in Monogram Canvas. From that day on, my life would never be the same again.

From then on, I have acquired a few more pieces and often purchase prior to my overseas holidays because I can claim 10% GST back from any Australian International Airports. It's so worth the wait!

I will be heading overseas in about 6 weeks time and have been to Louis Vuitton boutiques on the Gold Coast and Brisbane a couple of times to try on different bags. It's a really tough decision, ok? I think I have made my decision and here she is:


Alma MM in Epi Leather

She's absolutely gorgeous in a glossy finish, full leather, easy to maintain, generous & oh-so-practical interior and the rounded handles ideal for hand or elbow carry.  I love her to bits!

Some may say that black is a boring colour. To me, it's a classic and I love the shape of the Alma. Most importantly, it's very easy to upkeep and the Epi leather is known for its durability.

I can't wait to cuddle her in my arms. Alma, wait for mummy. I will pick you up soon!

4 comments:

simmetra said...

How is this about the garden or kitchen???

Magdalene said...

hahahahaha...it's about WHO I AM. There's more to me than just food and garden! hahaha

Tabbie said...

OMG, I want one of those so badly either in the orange or the black. But it's WAYYYY more than I can afford. oh well.

*Swoon*

Magdalene said...

Oh yes, orange and black are delicious! Now, they have a shiny finish on them too! It's absolutely to-die-for!