Monday, May 24, 2010

Ox Tail: One of my favourite cuts of meat

Ox Tail or tail of beef is one of the most flavoursome of meats. Famous in a stew and soup, it makes a delicious meal that is also kind on the pocket!

I can often be found with at least 1kg of this, destined for my slow cooker. Some people are turn off by Ox Tail because of where it's located on the animal and / or by the time required to turn this beast of a tail into a meat-melting-off-the-bone texture.

Make time and slow cooker your best friends. I do.

Stews and soups are always best consumed 24 hours after they've been cooked so as to allow the flavours to develop.

With the professionalism of the slow cooker, I can make mine anytime - weekday or weekend.

If I am at home, I take the slow cooker onto "high" mode for 4 hours followed by "slow" mode for 2 hours to complete the process. If I am out of the home for the day (e.g. out shopping or at work), it's "auto" mode for 8 hours and I kid you not, it's like magic!

The aromas that greet you as you walk through your home is absolutely divine! I will dare you to not consume the meal on the same day.

I will post a recipe of my too simple and too delicious Ox Tail Stew tomorrow!

No comments: