Monday, March 29, 2010

LOOK at what I DISCOVERED!

I am a novice when it comes to vegetable gardening and last weekend, I was extremely excited (like a little girl in a toy shop full of Barbie Doll displays) to discover my very first cucumber amongst the climbing cucumber vines!


In addition to this wonderful discovery, I now know that how Okras (also known as Ladies' Fingers) grow too!




It's delightfully gratifying to see that with hardly any effort, all these ad hoc selection of seedlings have flourished under my negligence. Yes, that's the flower of an Okra. Isn't that just gorgeous?



I just had to harvest these gorgeous vegetables - they were literally screaming out to me to be picked! We had our cucumber last night in a salad and I dare say that it was the freshes, tastiest and crunchiest cucumber, ever.

The eggplants I will cook tonight and I do love them so! Bon Apetito!

2 comments:

Vetsy said...

Mag your garden looks great! and your a novice wow! I am too" everything looks so healthy and yummy!

I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over here in the US in the cold four season climate of Michigan.. so it's not time for me to harvest yet but I'm having lots of fun reading other peoples blogs who can..nice blog.

Magdalene said...

Thanks for your encouragement, Vetsy!

It brings me immense satisfaction and embarrassement at the same time because I hardly spend anything on the vegetable garden!

I have to thank the sunny climate of Queensland for that!

Do you have a website too?