Monday, December 28, 2009

The best Christmas Gift

I was gifted the perfect Christmas present this year by my husband. The latest Gardening / Recipe Book by one of Australia's most well-respected culinary experts, Stephanie Alexander.

This is the bible for all who enjoy digging, planting, watering, growing, harvesting, chopping and cooking one's fresh produce!

In fact, I have been referring to this 'bible' on a daily basis. What to plant, when to plant, what not to plant it with, how to cook with it, etc. It's such an inspiring read.

All the plants are categorised alphabetically and the recipes are catergorised according to the produce! It's very clever and oh-so-logical. I cannot wait to try some of those recipes and am on the market for a Food Processor!

I spent Boxing Day at our local Nursery picking our new seedlings to add to our existing Kitchen Garden at home. It was very fun, to state the least.

As I still have not mastered how to place the SD card back into our digital camera (it's been over 3 years since we've had the camera)...I shall wait for the husband to do it for me and will post some photos of the latest developments in my Kitchen Garden.

No comments: