Thursday, December 2, 2010

17 weeks and GREAT news!

I am officially 17 weeks or should I say, my babies are officially 17 weeks young.

After 5 weeks of wondering the 'what ifs' and contemplating heart-wrenching decisions, I underwent an Amnio with twin #2 (my boy) two days ago.

Today, 48 hours later, as promised, Dr Gregg who performed the procedure rang and delivered the kind of news that all parents want / need - he is perfectly formed and healthy (all the chromosomal numbers are perfect)! A deep sense of gratefulness and relief washed over me.

Words are simply inadequate in expressing the depth of my emotions.

I thank our Heavenly Father for holding my follicles -> embryos -> fetuses firmly in his hands so that they will continue their growth.

HE has gifted me so abundantly and I shall never ever take my children for granted. When the going gets tough, I will always recount the journey that I've been on and know deep down, how very bless and lucky both Jared and I are in being gifted parenthood.

We love both our children very dearly - look forward to their amazing development, embrace them in our arms when the time is ripe, love and support them through their journey through life.

Next scan: In 2 weeks time when they are 19 weeks young!

No comments: